Press “Publish” … Four years ago, on a snowy afternoon in Bologna’s iconic Biblioteca Salaborsa, I wrote this blog’s first post. Over 140 entries and 40,000 visitors later, I am still not sure who exactly is reading this. Thanx, y’all. However, I also see that designer authenticity and accountability, post-colonial aesthetics and practices, and decentralization of industry power – the Post-Paris Fashion tenants – are part of a global conversation now!
Developmental milestones for 4 year-old children include:
1. Understand the idea of same and different: Check the Pattern: MaXhosa vs. Zara (check)
2. Focus to kick, throw, and catch a ball: Style Goals: World Cup & Fashion (check)
3. Show affection for familiar individuals: Daughters of Fragmentario (check)
4. Speak clearly if not yet fully comprehensibly: On White Imagination (CHECK, LOL)
5. Dress and undress without supervision or help: check, thank you very much.
Happy birthday, Post-Paris!