- I don’t like rhinestones on clothes. Accessories. Garments. No hybrids. Call me purist. Editor-at-large, Leviticus Homme? But… of those doing it, she’s doing it well.
- Must all designers do denim now?!?! Nanitashvili is exceptional at dresses: all the layers, pleats and folds. “You don’t have to do this.” This denim looks like giving up.
- The metallic matte gray-pink block-dresses are fantastic!!!!!!!! (Yes, I put eight exclamation marks) Her color-blocking can be subtle, hers is the fashion of nuance.
- Does it help or hinder brand development when you are aesthetically different from the business peer group vying for same/similar customer pool? ‘Cause it’s different.
- Finale: wait, what … the Great White Caucasus Yeti Bride?!
Admittedly, these are either irrelevantly personal insights or rhetorical industry-wide oh-whyyys. What carries over from Aka Nanita’s spring-summer 2018 collection is a steady afterglow of a designer determined to thrive in a capricious market that expects funky jeans and exquisite gowns on demand… My fashion taste buds took this like a shot of anise liqueur: piercingly distinct flavor, quiet earthy finish, good for your style-digestive system. Aka Nanita, this is love at second thought.